Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Morning

Well it is a beautiful morning in Rexburg. We have had the longest winter, Here it is almost May and their has been about a total of 5 nice days. Grandma and Grandpa Oldfield came up yesterday and brought Lacey her new big girl bed. She sleep in it last night for the first time. She was tired last night that she went to sleep pretty good, and then she got up 2 times in the middle of the night, and I had to put her back to bed. I am currently trying to get Lacey to take a nap. I have put her to bed about 10 times. after about 4 times I have to start giving her a spakin everytime she gets up and then put her right back to bed. I did read in the Love and Logic parenting book that spakin can be effective around 2 to 3 years old. It does seem to help me get her to bed better otherswise I think I would be putting her to bed about 50 times or naps would no longer exist. Some people lock their door but this doesn't work very good with Lacey because she just bangs on the door with her bottle. Now I am up to 13 times.

This is Lacey's new bed, that my Dad and I built.


Here is a picture of Gabe and Lacey's matching beds. Now I just need to help my mom make a valance that matched the bedspread that she made to go on the window shades.

Gabe took this picture of Me and Lacey first thing this morning. So now you all know how I look when I wake up. It is rare to get a picture of me because I am the one taking the pictures so I thought I would post it. But not bad for a 4 year old photographer. I didn't even crop it.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Cute Pictures! The room looks good with the 2 beds.

Unknown said...

thanks.