Sunday, August 23, 2009

My first Century






Well I finished my first Century. I still can't believe that I did it. I really wanted to chicken out and do just 62 but I met a nice friend (about 18 miles in) that really encouraged me to do it. It started out as a great ride. We were averaging 18 mph for the first 70 miles, when the conditions were perfect we were riding at a 22 mph pace witch is crazy fast for me. The last 30 miles were tuff though. My rear end hurt really bad and we had a head wind the entire last 30 miles. I wanted to cry during the last 10 miles because I was in so much pain. It is Sunday now and I am already forgetting how bad my backside hurt and think that I should do this again next year. I don't have many pictures. Gabe took some of me fixing my bike the night before, and i took a picture of my jersey (from the Little Red Riding Hood race) that I wore with my number on it. Also I thought the event logo was cute so I took a picture of it as well.

4 comments:

softhef said...

good for you friend! you are amazing.

Diane said...

Way to go Michelle!! You've done so great in your biking. It's amazing.

Yeehaw said...

You animal!!! You inspire me! I really need to get into biking more. I did get my little mountain bike out today and followed my 4 year old around the driveway a few times. It's a start, right?
Where was this race anyway?

YOU ROCK!!!!

Michelle said...

The race was just in Idaho Falls. I found out about it on a Wednesday (signed up that day) and did it on Saturday. not too much time to train or get nervous. Mostly my butt needed more training.