Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finished the Duatholon





I am just coming off of a huge adrenaline high. I was so nervous to do this race. First race of my whole life. So I started out on the run dead last. the best part about that is that no one ever passed me (except 2 major athletes that got lost and ran 2 extra miles). I passed 4 people in the run and then about 8 people in the bike. I ran the 3.2 miles faster than I ever thought I could which was 34min45seconds ish. I must have done the bike in 55 minutes which includes the getting ready. My total time was 1 hour 30 minutes. I beat my best friend by 30 seconds she almost caught me on the bike, after I got out before her.

After I crossed the finish line I went to take my feet out of the clips and my ankles cramped up so bad that I feel to the ground in pain. One foot was still even in the bike. I actually screamed in pain they hurt so bad. A nice guy came over and gave me some cramp up pills and helped myemoved my ankles some. I seriously couldn't moved them at all, and they hurt as bad as bearing children.
At least I provided some good entertainment for the crowd. Thank you for everyone who supported me and talked me into doing it.

7 comments:

Yeehaw said...

Nice job Michelle! I knew you could do it, you little spinning fool.
:-)

Diane said...

That's awesome Michelle!! Congrats!!

softhef said...

you are amazing. be grateful your ankles cramped on land and not in the water :)

Janel said...

That's great Michelle! Cramps in bed are bad enough I can't imagine one like that! You are amazing!

I'm confused was this the race in Logan? If so sorry I got the months confused.

Unknown said...

You're a maniac Michelle! I'm so not surprised you did this. I admire your strength and determination. Dang girl!

lynsey said...

you are so awesome! congratulations!

Diane said...

Hey Michelle!! How are you doing? how was your move? Make a new blog post!!!