Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer 2010


















So it has been a very long time since I have blogged. A lot has happened. Most important we had baby number 3. Brody Wayne Oldfield was born April 20th, 2010 weighing 4 lbs and 11 oz. He can 6 weeks early because my water broke. I was in the hospital for 5 days before he was born. He stayed 9 days in the NICU at the hospital in Idaho Falls. He did really well and was able to regulate his own tempature, and breath on his own right from the beginning. It took him about 8 days those to learn to eat on his own. Brody weighed in last week Sept 1st 2010 at 13 lbs, so he has grown a ton.

My kids did swimming lessons at the beginning of the summer. We spent almost everyday at the swimming pool in Idaho Falls. Gabriel can swim by himself now, and can even side breath some. He rolls over completely on his side and takes a breath. I love it. I am so proud of him. I was to get him into a swim teach next year.

Other big news!!! We moved 8 hours away to Fallon Nevada. It is 60 miles away from Reno and Carson City depending on which hwy you take. My husband got a job with the state of Nevada doing child protection. Today is his second day on the job. He seems to really like it. He is doing a lot of training, which he is greatful for. It has been a great blessing to get a job that is salary and benefits. My husband used to have to work about 60 hours a week just to get paid for 35 hours. He only got paid when he was billing a client. It was tough. Especially when his clients routinely didn't show up.

Gabe seems to really like school. If he doesn't come home crying, I take that as a good sign. He came home crying a few times in Shelley Idaho last week from school so I guess he is doing good. He made a friend in his class the first day that lives on the same road as us. He wants to be able to walk home togeather, but I have had to pick Gabe up because he got a little lost before.

We feel spoiled in our new home. It has some really nice features, like the jacuzzi tub, the large kitchen sink, the extra furniture the owner left, the built in shelves and gas fire place, granite island counter and wood floors. Check out the pictures. Lacey is modeling the house. I am keeping busy organizing the house and unpacking some odds and ends. We are mostly all unpack though. I will love the roads in Nevada for cycling, I have been for one ride and it was beautiful and very very smooth roads. We went to church Sunday. the ward was small but really friendly. We felt like celebraties because everyone wanted to meet us. The bishop told my husband that they had been praying for young families to move into the ward.

Enjoy the pictures.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Oh my gosh Michelle! The house looks great!! I love it! The neighborhood seems good too. I'm so happy for you guys and Shane getting a good job especially being a Salary job. I wish you the best. How many bedrooms does the house have?

Anonymous said...

I love it Michelle, you arranged everything so nice. They must of left a few extra things. Enjoy, you deserve it.

Cristina said...

Hi Michelle! I'm so glad that you guys are finally settled in such a beautiful house, Shane has a good job and the children seem very happy. I think the life is good and bright for you. Congrats!!

Chele said...

love all thepictures. ur house is really nice thats great did u guys buy it? sounds like things are going great! thats wonderful continue to enjoy it love ya and miss ya

liesel said...

yay! all great news! I'm glad you guys have some stability now you're all moved in. The house looks awesome!

Elder Tanner said...

wow, what an eventful summer! Love your house it is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Thanks everyone, it really has been a hard but great year. Wishing for easier ones to come.

The Whitaker Family said...

LOVED the update and all the pictures, Michelle! Things look like they're really looking up for you guys, I'm so glad! Enjoy it all! Wishing we could roadtrip and come see you... *sigh* You never know, eh? Sure love you all!