Monday, December 17, 2007

Gabe Skiing

So this was a great day. Gabe and I (Michelle) went up with Shawn and Diane to Grand Targhee for Gabe's first time skiing. He did so good. I was nervous at first because he was scared and starting to get mad. I was scooting on my knees holding onto the tips of his skis, holding it in the snowplow position (we called it making a pizza). About half way down the bunny hill i was able to let go and he was slowing himself down. For about the first hour I was just walking. I really didn't think that he would get good enough for me to snowboard (I couldn't find my ski's) because when I snowboard I knew that I wouldn't be able to help him as much. But sure enough he did improve so much that that last 2 hours I snowboarded while he skied. I was really fun. Gabe skied nonstop for about 3 hours. I kept asking him if he wanted to take a break in the lodge or keep skiing and he said everytime keep skiing.



2 comments:

C Harker said...

The natural-born athlete is at it again. That kid can do anything!

Wolfley Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)